Thursday, December 8, 2011

Book Review: Bad Odds by Duke Davis




After serving in the U.S. Navy for six years, Bob Sloan is now a civilian contractor for the U.S. Army in Vietnam. He also spent four years in the civilian world fixing helicopters.

He is on his way to his first station, when his helicopter is shot down in the middle of nowhere.
This book is about his trials after surviving the crash.

Now, let me tell you a little about Mr. Davis. He is a Vietnam veteran, serving with distinction with a small group in the Navy. Maybe you have heard of them, The SEALS.

This book comes from the heart, it feels like you are actually there with Bob as he and Marine Lance Corporal, Steve Briscoe.

There were many time I caught myself (mentally) yelling at the characters to warn them.

You will enjoy this book, even if you do not care for historic or military fiction. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment